[Interest] generated header file not being processed by moc

Glen Mabey gmabey at swri.org
Mon Feb 13 19:04:56 CET 2017

Hello,

I think I’ve got the exact problem described here back in 2012: https://forum.qt.io/topic/21964/qmake-custom-compilers-how-to-process-generated-header-files-with-moc

That is, my generated header file includes a class that inherits from QObject and needs to be moc'ed.

However, these lines are not sufficient to make that happen the first time the project is built:

OBJ_SOURCE = dummy_input_file.txt

OBJ_GENERATOR.CONFIG   += no_link target_predeps
OBJ_GENERATOR.output   = ${QMAKE_FILE_BASE}_QObject.h
OBJ_GENERATOR.commands = ./generate_a_file.py ${QMAKE_FILE_OUT}
OBJ_GENERATOR.input = OBJ_SOURCE
OBJ_GENERATOR.variable_out = HEADERS
QMAKE_EXTRA_COMPILERS += OBJ_GENERATOR

That is, the project fails to link due to undefined references.

If I rerun qmake and build again, though, everything works out fine.

Any suggestions?
Glen