[Interest] Replacing QScript with QML

Ian Geiser geiseri at geekcentral.pub
Tue Feb 14 16:14:14 CET 2017

Greetings, I am ported a non-gui Qt4 QScript apt to Qt5 and would like to replace the QScript component with QML.  I am struggling with quite a few rudimentary things though.

My biggest problem is custom Javascript types:  I made everything a QObject based class, but allocating these objects in javascript is messy.  Is there a way to get close to something as simple as "var foo = new Foo()"?

Has anyone done this before?  Are there any examples?  Maybe I am putting a square peg into a round hole here.  Any insight from the Qt guys here?