[Interest] [ANNOUNCE] GammaRay 2.7.0

Allen Winter allen.winter at kdab.com
Tue Feb 14 23:23:31 CET 2017

Announcing GammaRay 2.7.0

Highlights of this Release:
===============
 * Improved enum and flag editor in the property view.
 * Add style hint view to style inspector.
 * Fix runtime QSG visualization mode switching for newer Qt versions.
 * Initial support for statically compiling GammaRay into a target.
 * Support for QtWayland 5.8.
 * Add object navigation for the translation inspector.
 * Automatically re-scan meta types to captures types registered later.
 * Improved Wayland log and timeline view.
 * Add object navigation for Wayland clients.
 * Show alive object statistics in the meta object browser.
 * Add Qt3D geometry inspector (requires Qt >= 5.7 and Qt3D)
 * Allow to hide inactive tools.
 * Fix handling of partially out-of-view QQuickItems in the QQ2 inspector.
 * Improve error handling in the GDB injector.
 * Fix QML support not being activated when attaching to a QtQuick application at runtime.
 * Fix widget layout overlay for nested QLayouts.
 * Fix crash on client disconnect.
 * Syntax highlighting and code folding for textual content (requires KF5::SyntaxHighlighting)
 * Add 3D widget layout visualization.
 * Allow to hide non-visible elements in the full-depth picking dialog.
 * Add QtIvi inspection tool (requires Qt5IviCore)
 * Fix QSG geometry inspector not showing geometry correctly on first selection.
 * Build both release and debug probes by default when using MSVC.
 * Add more editor defaults for code navigation on Linux.
 * Add QtSCXML support to the state machine debugger (requires Qt >= 5.8).
 * Show QtQuick overlays also in the target application.
 * Avoid leaking GammaRay translated strings into the translation inspector.
 * Fix launching targets on macOS >= 10.9.

The source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay

Tarballs and zipballs for v2.7.0 are available from: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases

For Linux users:
 * we provide pre-built (against Qt5) packages for some popular distributions at:
    https://software.opensuse.org/package/gammaray

 * for those of you still using Qt4 we also provide the Qt4 probe from:
    https://software.opensuse.org/package/gammaray-qt4

For OS users:
 * we provide homebrew recipes for a Qt5 version and the Qt4 probe at
    https://github.com/KDAB/homebrew-tap

For Windows users:
 * you'll need to build from source as we do not provide installers yet

GammaRay is a tool to poke around in a Qt-application and also to manipulate
the application to some extent. GammaRay uses various DLL injection
techniques to hook into an application at runtime and provide access to a
lot of interesting information.

For more information about GammaRay, please visit http://www.kdab.com/gammaray
and https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/wiki

--