[Interest] [ANNOUNCE] GammaRay 2.7.0
allen.winter at kdab.com
Tue Feb 14 23:23:31 CET 2017
Announcing GammaRay 2.7.0
Highlights of this Release:
* Improved enum and flag editor in the property view.
* Add style hint view to style inspector.
* Fix runtime QSG visualization mode switching for newer Qt versions.
* Initial support for statically compiling GammaRay into a target.
* Support for QtWayland 5.8.
* Add object navigation for the translation inspector.
* Automatically re-scan meta types to captures types registered later.
* Improved Wayland log and timeline view.
* Add object navigation for Wayland clients.
* Show alive object statistics in the meta object browser.
* Add Qt3D geometry inspector (requires Qt >= 5.7 and Qt3D)
* Allow to hide inactive tools.
* Fix handling of partially out-of-view QQuickItems in the QQ2 inspector.
* Improve error handling in the GDB injector.
* Fix QML support not being activated when attaching to a QtQuick application at runtime.
* Fix widget layout overlay for nested QLayouts.
* Fix crash on client disconnect.
* Syntax highlighting and code folding for textual content (requires KF5::SyntaxHighlighting)
* Add 3D widget layout visualization.
* Allow to hide non-visible elements in the full-depth picking dialog.
* Add QtIvi inspection tool (requires Qt5IviCore)
* Fix QSG geometry inspector not showing geometry correctly on first selection.
* Build both release and debug probes by default when using MSVC.
* Add more editor defaults for code navigation on Linux.
* Add QtSCXML support to the state machine debugger (requires Qt >= 5.8).
* Show QtQuick overlays also in the target application.
* Avoid leaking GammaRay translated strings into the translation inspector.
* Fix launching targets on macOS >= 10.9.
The source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
Tarballs and zipballs for v2.7.0 are available from: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases
For Linux users:
* we provide pre-built (against Qt5) packages for some popular distributions at:
* for those of you still using Qt4 we also provide the Qt4 probe from:
For OS users:
* we provide homebrew recipes for a Qt5 version and the Qt4 probe at
For Windows users:
* you'll need to build from source as we do not provide installers yet
GammaRay is a tool to poke around in a Qt-application and also to manipulate
the application to some extent. GammaRay uses various DLL injection
techniques to hook into an application at runtime and provide access to a
lot of interesting information.
For more information about GammaRay, please visit http://www.kdab.com/gammaray
Allen Winter | allen.winter at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (USA) LLC, a KDAB Group company
Tel. USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322) ext3
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4661 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Interest