[Interest] Firebase C++ with Qt

Per Ljung pbljung at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:54:11 CET 2017

Hi -
I've tried to follow the iOS Firebase C++ & CocoaPods example at
https://github.com/firebase/quickstart-cpp/tree/master/database/testapp
which uses analytics, auth and database features to make a minimal Qt app
without CocoaPods.

I cut&paste Firebase C++ code from the sample testapp/src/common_main.cc. I
only try to set & get integers in my public read/write database. I include
the frameworks and source in testapp/Pods in the Pro file at
https://github.com/firebase/quickstart-cpp/issues/3

The app compiles and begins to run. The database ref is reported as valid, but
database set/get hangs in WaitForComplete() waiting for future.Status() to
be updated. After 60s there is a timeout error "CFNetwork SSLHandshake
failed (-9806)".

Any ideas of what is wrong? I can read/write to the database using curl.
Thanks