[Interest] including kde classes in qt

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun Jan 8 11:55:34 CET 2017

On Sunday, 8 January 2017 12:54:03 CET mayank bansiwal wrote:
> hello mates.
> i have just started to code with qt creator. I want to contribute to kde
> open source organization which uses qt. Can anyone please tell me how to
> include kde classes in qt ide. I added this syntax in my .pro file
>
> LIBS += -lkdeui

Heya,

Where did you get 'kdeui' from? This library no longer exists in KDE
Frameworks 5. I'm sure you don't want to work with the older/deprecated
kdelibs4 (based on Qt4)?)

Please check out the API documentation on https://api.kde.org to learn about
KDE Frameworks 5 (based on Qt5):
  https://api.kde.org/frameworks/

Select the library you need on that page (e.g. KWidgetsAddons) and you'll
learn how to use the library in QMake:
  https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kwidgetsaddons/html/index.html says:

  Use with QMake:
    QT += KWidgetsAddons

That's actually it. For getting the QMake mkspecs files + development headers
for KWidgetAddons you most likely need to install development packages of said
library, for instance on Ubuntu 15.10+:
  libkf5widgetsaddons-dev - development files for kwidgetsaddons

If you need more help please rather send a mail to: