[Interest] Fwd: Qt 5.7+ and Command+Shift shortcuts on Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:09:29 CET 2017

So...

It seems we are indeed looking at a Qt regression.

https://github.com/RJVB/shortcut-test-qt5

That's an adapted version of Qt's menus example which adds a shortcut test action with a configurable shortcut string and commandline options to add it to the menubar and/or the context menu, plus an option NOT to use the native menubar.

I cannot get shortcuts like Ctrl+! but also Meta+! (resp. Command+! and Ctrl+! on Mac) to work unless the action is a menuitem in the native menubar.

That's with Qt 5.7.1; with Qt 5.6.2 they work as expected.

Writing them as Ctrl+Shift+1 or Meta+Shift+1 makes them work, but that's not really a nice solution...

Is there anyone who can try the above example with Qt 5.7.1 or newer, possibly compare it to Qt 5.6?

Thanks!