[Interest] Compile a debug build and link with release Qt

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Tue Jan 10 17:08:56 CET 2017

I might be tired but I do not see...

I know that if I compile manually, I can use the "-g" flag for debugging,
and link with the release Qt library files.

But, if I qmake with CONFIG+=RELEASE, qt links with the release library,
sets -O2 and does not produce debugging info.

This means I would need to change the mkspec files, but I still want to
keep a true release mode

Is there a better way?

Etienne