[Interest] Qt 5.7+ and Command+Shift shortcuts on Mac

Andy Shaw andy.shaw at qt.io
Wed Jan 11 09:16:29 CET 2017

Hi,

Qt 5.8.0 is in essence taking on the role of 5.7.3 I believe and it should be out in a week or so, but one of these patches will be in 5.8.1 and not 5.8.0 in any case.

They can be applied to 5.7.x without any problem as this code has not really changed much since Qt 5.7.0, the ones I am thinking of at least which would be worth looking at are:

  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/181777/
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/175556/

as this has helped improve things a fair bit.

Andy

René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> skrev følgende den 11.01.2017, 09.10:

    On Wednesday January 11 2017 06:08:39 Andy Shaw wrote:

    Hi,

    >I have been doing some patches lately (i.e. yesterday and the day before) to fix shortcuts (these have been reported on JIRA already too) on Cocoa so I don’t know if this is addressed already in Qt 5.8.x as a result. But it might be worth keeping an eye on that to see if it is working there too.

    I usually avoid .0 releases but if 5.8.0 is taking the role of a 5.7.3+ bug release in addition to introducing new features that would change things. provided it still supports OS X 10.9 .
    What's its ETA?

    Any chance those patches can be backported without serious refactoring? Supposing 5.8 has seen considerable internal overhauling it would be interesting to know it the issue in 5.7.1 is the same as the one in 5.8, no?

    R.