[Interest] QWebView and Joomla pages

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Jan 12 08:13:13 CET 2017

Hi all,

this may be a long shot but i don't quite know where else to get help:

I am trying to use QWebView to display a part of a Joomla page like this
one. <http://www.nukepedia.com/gizmos/filter/efibonacciglow>
Trouble is that I can't figure out how to deal with the required css
files to ensure the widget looks like the browser.
Trouble is Joomla is a CMS and there are a bunch of CSS files that are
used for any given page, and I don't know if QWebView can deal with that
as well?
Is it possible to make QWebView interpret a chain of CSS files that may
all import other ones?
E.g. could I somehow tell QWebView to load the CSS structures from the
online page or do I have to provide  a single css and use it like this?

     QWebView()settings().setUserStyleSheetUrl(QUrl.fromLocalFile(cssFile))

If the latter is the only way to get QT to utilise css information, then
I need to find a way to bake and merge those online css files to
generate one that I can use with QT, but maybe QT is cleverer than that?

Any pointers would be great as I am truly stuck with this (web stuff is
not my strong side).

Cheers,
frank

--