[Interest] Qt 5.8.0 RC build under windows

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Thu Jan 19 14:54:58 CET 2017

Hello, Thiago.

>> And why Qt now needs RTTI? Qt  5.7.0 was building fine without RTTI. What
>> features added to 5.8.0 made RTTI mandatory I wonder?
> Someone added a dynamic_cast. That's all.
OK. Someone added dynamic_cast somewhere in Qt and whole Qt lost ability to be build without RTTI. And you added patch to remove -no-rtti flag for 5.8.1.
I got it.

>>So finally : Qt version 5.8.0 can NOT be build under Win7 with Win7SDK!? (It
>>seems Qt for desktop need some definitions from WinRT ... who know why)
>Qt 5.8 can be built under Win7, but you should use the Win10SDK. The reason
>for that is that you want your programs to support Windows 10, regardless of
>what you use to develop.
OK. Someone added unknown Win10 features to Qt lib unconditionally and now desktop Qt build depends on WinRT SDK and as result
Qt can not be build with Win7SDK now.
I got this also.

I do NOT feel good about how easy and invisibly such fundamental compatibility features are lost in Qt because of very small and probably unimportant changes in Qt code.
I can only live with Qt in the way it will be created by Thiago and others Qt's developers.

But I still want to be able to build it under windows? I still do not understand why I still have error (even when I use Win10SDK and if I will NOT use -no-rtti):
error is in :
qtdeclarative\src\plugins\scenegraph\d3d12\Makefile.Debug [.obj\debug\qsgd3d12shadereffectnode.obj] Error 2
and it is :
qtdeclarative\src\plugins\scenegraph\d3d12\qsgd3d12shadereffectnode.cpp(544) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'textureProviders'

What is that and why it can be? How to avoid that error?