[Interest] QThreadPool - global instance or custom one

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Jan 19 23:59:31 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have started using QThreadPool for the first time and am wondering if
it's save/recommended to create my own instance of it or to always use
the global instance?
I.e. the docs all tend to refer to the global instance but they don't
say anything about creating your own.

Are there any pros and cons?

In my case my app will run inside a host application, so my gut feeling
says to create my own thread pool so I don't accidentally hijack the
host application's pool, but I may be wrong?!

Any insight on this?

Cheers,
frank

--