[Interest] I can´t compile Qt statically (statically link)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 20 03:11:21 CET 2017

On quinta-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2017 10:17:37 PST Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 5.6.2 is not necessarily the best 5.6 option regarding compiling Qt. There
> is at least a regression between 5.6.1 and 5.6.2 which prevents me building
> a static Qt with system libpng.
>
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57148

The problem is not a static Qt, but the static libpng. We never test that, so
if you want to see that fixed, you'll need to supply the fix yourself.

I can also confidently say you're the first person I've ever seen trying to use
a static system libpng. Not to mention doing that on Windows.

> I'm currently stuck with 5.6.1 as this is the latest version which compiles
> under windows with system libpng. Latest release do not mean less
> compilation issues.

Indeed, but Ernesto may not have your problem.