[Interest] Qt 5.8.0 RC build under windows

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Fri Jan 20 11:37:30 CET 2017

Hello, Thiago.

>  c) remove the dynamic_cast by adding our own hand-rolled RTTI to detect
> whether the object in question was of the class that the code wanted
> (c) was too much work
Well ... Qt developers should decide about their style of development.
If Qt-developers gathered and decided that style is "it is not a bug it is a feature" then I totally support
decision to remove -NO-RTTI from the whole Qt because RTTI compiler feature was occasionally used

> Explain to me why you want your applications, when run on Windows 10, *not* to
> have the best functionality. Note that it will still run on Windows 7 and 8.1,
> with the same binary.

This is same question as why Qt have -no-feature-xxx flags.
For me support of specifics of new major Windows OS release is worth calling it "feature".

> If you give me a good enough reason, I will consider applying a fix myself.
Who can give you any real reason to call anything a feature or an update? I think you understand that.
If there were some publicly known principles what is feature for Qt and what is Qt update then we could decide if some reason is good enough or not.

In current situation Qt-lib is now the only option is only to share my vision : using special features of newer major version of Windows looks like "feature" of Qt lib (for me)
In discussed case compatibility with SDK from previous windows version was lost.

>> qtdeclarative\src\plugins\scenegraph\d3d12\qsgd3d12shadereffectnode.cpp(544)
>> : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'textureProviders'
>> What is that and why it can be? How to avoid that error?
> That looks like a genuine problem, but I have no clue what it is about. Please report it against Qt3D.
I am not sure that this is error in code. Most probably I do something wrong. At least somehow Qt company is able to build Qt 5.8.0 RC with vc2013.
But it is not clear to me how this problem was avoided. Does anyone knows that?