[Interest] compiling missing sql driver plugins

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Tue Jan 24 00:54:53 CET 2017

The Qt sources include an SQL driver plugin for Interbase/Firebird which
is not included in the binary distributions. Is there a way to compile
it without recompiling all of Qt?

We've been doing it for a while by going to the source plugin directory
and running qmake then compiling, but this has broken on 5.8 due to the
new QMAKE_USE referring to library definitions sourced from elsewhere.
So I wonder if there is an official way instead.

Thanks

Hamish