[Interest] Qt/Mac: 2-finger-tap right-click and context menu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 22:37:14 CET 2017

Hello,

Has anything changed between Qt 5.6 and 5.7.1 in the processing of native right-click events leading up to the emission of the aboutToShow signal for context menus?

There are 2 ways to produce a right-click with a standard Mac mouse or trackpad: with a Ctrl-Click of the unique mouse button, or a 2-finger tap on the trackpad.

I use an application (KDevelop) that builds the editor's context menu in reaction to an aboutToShow signal, and for a while now it is as if every other 2-finger-tap is ignored (gets lost). In any case the aboutToShow signal isn't sent.

This is not (or much less) the case when I use Ctrl-Click.

I'm seeing this with Qt 5.7.1 and 5.8.0RC, I cannot recall noticing it with 5.6.2 .

Thanks,
R.