[Interest] Warnings with CMake when using Qt 5.8

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:32:58 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm getting this warning when using Qt from CMake :

CMake Warning (dev) at /opt/qt58/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5ModuleLocation.cmake:4
(set):

Policy CMP0053 is not set: Simplify variable reference and escape sequence

evaluation. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0053" for policy details. Use the

cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

For input:

'${_qt5_install_prefix}/Qt5 at module@/Qt5 at module@Config.cmake'

the old evaluation rules produce:

'/opt/qt58/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake'

but the new evaluation rules produce:

'/opt/qt58/lib/cmake/Qt5 at module@/Qt5 at module@Config.cmake'

Using the old result for compatibility since the policy is not set.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

/opt/qt58/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:25 (include)

OSSIA/CMakeLists.txt:73 (find_package)

Since it's not there in 5.7, and it's only for Qt5Location (which I don't
even use) I guess that it's a Qt bug. Does someone know if it's something
important ?

Best

Jean-Michaël Celerier