[Interest] Qt Lite 5.8

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:57:33 CET 2017

Kai:

Thank you for the response.

As a QT customer, I would hope that communications from Qt Staff would
yield something that I can USE.

Your response suggested that dependency build failures are an uncommon
occurrence. ("there might still be feature permutations that lead to
compilation errors")

I can assure you that 100% of my attempts to reduce the binary size of
Qt 5.8 have ended in failure.

Don't believe me?  Try this test config line:

/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/configure -prefix /macdev/qt580/5.8/osxstat \
-verbose \
-opensource \
-release \
-strip \
-c++std c++11 \
-confirm-license \
-reduce-exports \
-nomake tests \
-nomake examples \
-qt-libjpeg \
-qt-libpng \
-opengl desktop \
-no-widgets

Results in build failure:

10.11.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Headers
-I/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtbase/mkspecs/macx-clang
-F/macdev/qt580/5.8/build-osx/qtbase/lib -o .obj/qmacfunctions_mac.o
/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtmacextras/src/macextras/qmacfunctions_mac.mm
In file included from
/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtmacextras/src/macextras/qmacfunctions_mac.mm:50:
In file included from /macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets/QMenu:1:
In file included from /macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets/qmenu.h:1:
In file included from
/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets/../../src/widgets/widgets/qmenu.h:43:
In file included from
/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets/qtwidgetsglobal.h:1:
/macdev/qt580/5.8/Src/qtbase/include/QtWidgets/../../src/widgets/kernel/qtwidgetsglobal.h:44:10:
fatal error: 'QtWidgets/qtwidgets-config.h' file not
      found
#include <QtWidgets/qtwidgets-config.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
make[3]: *** [.obj/qmacfunctions_mac.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [sub-macextras-install_subtargets] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-src-install_subtargets] Error 2
make: *** [module-qtmacextras-install_subtargets] Error 2
Start:Mon Jan 30 11:40:59 CST 2017 End:Mon Jan 30 11:52:37 CST 2017
mds-Mac-mini:builds md$

So how do I get rid of widgets, since I am only using Qt Quick QML?

Maybe Qt can provide configuration command line examples of reduced
size builds that actually WORK.

Thanks

md