[Interest] Qt online installer and updated MaintenanceTool.app crash on OS X 10.9

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:07:13 CEST 2017

On Wednesday July 05 2017 13:18:47 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I wanted to do some maintenance on my installation of official Qt builds, and ended up with a broken maintenance tool because it is now built against a Qt version that dropped support for my OS version.

Maybe this can help others in the same situation:

%> QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde /path/to/MaintenanceTool.app/Contents/MacOS/MaintenanceTool &

seems to work (probably anything other than "kde" and "cocoa" will do). It forces Qt to use a fallback QPA plugin; the app will look like a Win95 application but seems to have access to all platform functionality it needs to run.