[Interest] Windows 5.9 Build System Library Failures

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 10 23:19:20 CEST 2017

On segunda-feira, 10 de julho de 2017 04:28:31 PDT John Schneiderman wrote:
> I’m trying to build the latest Qt 5.9 on Windows using Visual Studio 2015.
> However, I’m having issues getting it to recognise the libraries already
> built. Below is the results of the configuration command.
[cut]
> ERROR: Feature 'c++14' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.c++11 &&
> tests.c++14' failed.
>
> ERROR: Feature 'system-zlib' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'libs.zlib'
> failed.
>
> ERROR: Feature 'system-sqlite' was enabled, but the pre-condition
> 'features.sql-sqlite && libs.sqlite3' failed.

> --c++std c++14 ^

MSVC 2015 does not support C++14, so please remove this option. With Visual
Studio you ALWAYS get __cplusplus defined to 199711L, so the configure test
fails. That's even with MSVC 2017.

You also get NO C++14 features in Qt like the relaxed constepr, regardless of
what Microsoft tells you. Please report an issue with them and ask them to
support the SD-6 macros. I'm serious, please report it because they need the
user pressure.

As for the other issues, it should be working. Can you attach the config.log
that configure generated? It will tell what it tried to find and failed.