[Interest] COM, and thus Qt Accessibility, doesn't work with Qt MinGW builds?

Friedemann Kleint Friedemann.Kleint at qt.io
Tue Jul 11 12:41:36 CEST 2017

Hi,

 >On 07.07.2017 10:04, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
 >I was battling with accessibility issues for a while now, where Qt was
not exposing IAccessible2 interfaces, making Qt application almost
completely inaccessible.
 >An NVDA developer figured out that it's because MinGW builds of Qt
don't seem to support COM interfaces. This was nowhere to be found in
the documentation (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/accessible.html).
 >Am I forced to switch my development from gcc/mingw to msvc? Or is
there a way to get COM working with mingw?

For the moment, yes. I did a quick experiment (
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/199789/ ) and found that it has
improved, but does not work out of the box yet.

Regards, Friedemann

--
Friedemann Kleint
The Qt Company GmbH