[Interest] JS numbers to qint64

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 12 16:55:28 CEST 2017

On quarta-feira, 12 de julho de 2017 02:53:39 PDT Shantanu Tushar wrote:
> qml: Opening 5762702576189441
> Opening 5762702576189442
>
> As you can see the number changes. What am I doing wrong?

Expecting JS numbers to be precise.

Remember that in JavaScript, numbers are actually double-precision floating
point. They are lossy.

They can represent with fidelity only in the range ±2^53. Yours is inside the
range (only just!) but a simple manipulation of it could throw it outside for
a while.

I recommend staying well away from the limits. Like limiting to 32 bits.