[Interest] Transparent titlebar in macOS (QTBUG-61332)

Benjamin B (BBenj) balga.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:38:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

Thanks, I watched it and tried again based on his code, I made sort of a
progress: the window doesn't stay black, but flickers between black and the
background color when resized, and the background glitches a bit (seems
like it follows the mouse and not the edge of the window). I made a
screenshot while resizing (image joined); the background is a red rectangle
in QML with fill parent.

And the movableByWindowBackground flag doesn't work (but works with
QWidget).

Also, he's using QWindow::toNSView() which is not (yet?) available, so I
used a cast from winId().

Otherwise, it works great with QWidget... I also tried to integrate QML
into QWidget using QWidget::createWindowContainer(), but I get the same
problems (flickering), unfortunately.

Any idea how to remove the flickering?

Best regards,
Benjamin