[Interest] XML parsing

Francisco Ares frares at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 21:25:17 CEST 2017

Hi, all.

I'm pretty new to programming, in special regarding XML generation and
parsing.

Could anyone help me parse the following file?

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Settings Firmware="00.01.52.11715 " Name="Mako" Model="Mako G-125C (5488)">
<Integer Name="AcquisitionFrameCount">1</Integer>
<Float Name="AcquisitionFrameRateAbs">3.0</Float>
<Enumeration Name="AcquisitionMode">SingleFrame</Enumeration>
</Settings>

Meaning 3 settings in a device, one on each line that shows first the type
of the setting, the name to which this device's API would respond to, then
the new value for that setting.

For now, I have the following, mostly from samples:

QDomDocument doc("mydocument");
QFile file("myfile.xml");
if (!file.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly))
return;
if (!doc.setContent(&file)) {
file.close();
return;
}
file.close();

QDomElement docElem = doc.documentElement();

QDomNode n = docElem.firstChild();
while(!n.isNull()) {
QDomElement e = n.toElement(); // try to convert the node to an element.
if( ( !e.isNull() ) && n.isElement() ) {
QString aType = e.nodeName();
QString aValue = e.text();
}
n = n.nextSibling();
}

This returns me the the type and the value, but I could not find a way
to obtain the name of the setting (for instance, "AcquisitionMode" on
line 3.

Any help will be highly appretiated!

Thanks,
Francisco