[Interest] QTBUG-39147 -- "Don't raise inactive windows when showing a tooltip" / Progress?

Phil Weinstein philw at indra.com
Mon Jul 17 22:34:53 CEST 2017

(I don't want to burden the bug report with this query.  Sorry if this
isn't the ideal place to ask this question).

I see that a fix to this problem was attempted, but was /rejected /(if
I'm understanding correctly) for Qt 5.8 ...

  * Change Iad1ca1a3 -- Windows: Don't raise inactive windows when
    showing a tooltip
  * https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/177376/

This is for this unresolved bug, reported in May 2014 for Qt 5.3:

  * QTBUG-39147: QToolTip still uses Q_WS_* macros
  * https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-39147

Does anyone have any hopeful (or otherwise) information about the
disposition of this problem?

Thank you in advance.
Phil Weinstein, CADSWES, Boulder CO, USA.