[Interest] Dual screen Wayland on i.MX6

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:57:32 CEST 2017

Hi,

I would like to run our Qt application (it is basically displaying several
QWebEngineViews) in a dual screen setup on the i.MX6 board. Those screens
are connected to LVDS - one is on /dev/fb0 and the second is on /dev/fb2.
We are able to achieve what we want by running Xorg with 2 devices and 2
screens in configuration. The device Xorg driver has to be "fbdev" as
"vivante" xorg driver works only with /dev/fb0 (checked - while X starts
fine it crashes when trying to run OpenGL application on the second
screen). So we do not have hardware accelerated OpenGL which is a huge
performance hit.

So my question is:
Is it possible to run some simple QtWayland compositor that would control
both displays? So we can have one HW accelerated application displayed on
both screens? Or maybe some other way to get this working? And how should I
setup the Vivante libraries to make the QtWayland compositor and other
applications to run (I mean there are libEGL-fb.so and libEGL-wl.so while
the compositor should be ran with eglfs and other apps with wayland
platform plugin, right?)

Best Regards,
Filip Piechocki