[Interest] Dual screen Wayland on i.MX6

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Thu Jul 27 19:30:33 CEST 2017

Hi Filip,

On 2017-07-27 09:57, Filip Piechocki wrote:
> (...)
> So my question is:
> Is it possible to run some simple QtWayland compositor that would
> control
> both displays? So we can have one HW accelerated application displayed
> on
> both screens? Or maybe some other way to get this working?

Before getting into wayland problems, you should find out if the vivante
eglfs integration supports dual screen or not. I recall there were
patches for it, not sure if they were up-streamed.

Once you have that sorted out, it should just work for wayland too: Use
1 compositor with two QWindows, one on each screen.

Here's an example of such setup:
http://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.9/qtwaylandcompositor-multi-output-example.html

Regards,
--
SĂ©rgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)