[Interest] Does anyone have Qt3D running on any embedded board?

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 11:47:02 CEST 2017

On 31/07/2017 8:41 pm, "Sean Harmer" <sean.harmer at kdab.com> wrote:

On Sunday 30 July 2017 15:55:36 Pierre Chicoine wrote:
> Has anyone been successful at running QT3D on any board? Eventually, I
hope
> someone will succeed and post here.

We've had it running on iMX6 and Tegra K1. I think the raspberry pi have
some
glsl compiler issues from what I've read on this lis

Hi Sean,

Sometimes details matter: did you or do you?

Then, from which channel? When it comes to embedded systems, nowadays
oe/yocto/poky is a "classic", but then there's boot2qt..
The magic that you cannot build yourself, because sharing beautiful recipe
based on work done by other people sharing beautiful recipe is not
profitable....

Which imx6 board did/do you got it working on?
Can you, kdab, provide ready made demo for "popular" embedded devices?

Raspberry pi and beagle bone are your "base", your bread and butter. Stuff
that "hackers" can afford and play with. Never forget your base...

Unfortunately, they are not QtC priority, but I'm not blaming them for
that, don't get me wrong, I do respect what they have already done, thumb
up the QtC! I mean it.

Getting a full opengles stack that can demo qt3d on embedded systems is not
a straight forward task. Can you help with that? In an open way? Or is it a
business plan on its own?

I'm sitting here, in a company that spend (shit) bucks in the Qt ecosystem
and I wonder how I could convince the hietarchy to switch to qt3d. 5 years
ago or so we implemented our own qt 3d stack. 5 years later Qt3d seems way
better...
Give me arguments on why I should  go the kdab way. I mean manager stuff.

Chris

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK
Tel. UK +44 (0)1625 809908, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090