[Interest] Fallback (hicolor) theme in resource (.qrc) on Mac not working

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 17:00:44 CEST 2017

> On Mac and Windows, I'm bundling parts of the Breeze icon theme in the
> application resources.
>
> E.g. I have resources like
>
> :/icons/breeze/actions/24/document-open.svg
> :/icons/breeze/actions/24/help-about.svg
> :/icons/breeze/actions/24/document-close.svg
> :/icons/breeze/index.theme
>
> and I'm calling QIcon::setThemeName("breeze") on Windows/Mac. This was
> working fine.
>
> I kept application specific icons directly in :/icons. For example:
>
> :/icons/myapp-some-action.svg
> :/icons/myapp-some-other-action.svg
>
> Recently though, I went ahead and moved my application-specific icons
> into the hicolor theme, e.g:
>
> :/icons/hicolor/myapp-some-action.svg
> :/icons/hicolor/myapp-some-other-action.svg
> :/icons/hicolor/index.theme

Mistyped the above paths, my icons are in
:/icons/hicolor/scalable/actions et.c., not directly in
:/icons/hicolor of course.

And my :/icons/hicolor/index.theme is as follows:

[Icon Theme]
Name=Hicolor
Comment=Fallback icon theme
Hidden=true
Directories=scalable/actions,scalable/apps,scalable/mimetypes

[scalable/actions]
MinSize=1
Size=128
MaxSize=512