[Interest] creating a binary .rcc version of a series of Freedesktop icon themes linked through inheritance

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 13:30:59 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> RCC registers the files with the resource file engine, so it can be found by
> QFile with the ":/" prefix. You must be talking about registering with
> something else.

I'm talking about this kind of registering:

    const QString iconThemeRcc =
QStandardPaths::locate(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation,
QStringLiteral("icontheme.rcc"));
    if (!iconThemeRcc.isEmpty()) {
        const QString iconThemeName = QStringLiteral("kf5_rcc_theme");
        const QString iconSubdir = QStringLiteral("/icons/") + iconThemeName;
>>>        if (QResource::registerResource(iconThemeRcc, iconSubdir)) { <<<

Hmm, I think I'm beginning to understand that this just registers the icon theme
provided by "icontheme.rcc" under the name "kf5_rcc_theme".

R.