[Interest] Qt3D Reading from a Compute Shader

Russell, Matthew MRussell at neptec.com
Wed Mar 1 22:09:15 CET 2017

Hi,

Is it possible with QML to read a buffer operated on by a compute shader?

If I understood this message properly, http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2016-November/025167.html , then this wasn't possible in 5.8, but might be available in 5.9.

Specifically, I'm showing point data from a lidar in a multi viewport Scene3d.  My Buffer is used in a Geometry that has a Material on it that performs a compute shader in the first pass, and then passes that data to the vertex shaders.

My problem is that as I receive new point data from the lidar, I need to re-write my data, but I wanna capture the modifications the compute shader performed.  Otherwise, the compute shader translates my point data properly, but when I re-push my buffer, all the translations are forgotten.

Thanks.