[Interest] Issue with expanding an environmental variable.

jschneiderman at gog.com jschneiderman at gog.com
Fri Mar 3 16:35:50 CET 2017

In an application we’re developing, we need to expand some environmental variables. We’re using the Qt 5.6  function qgetenv to do that. However, on our test code when an environmental variable contains some non-ANSI characters, e.g. Ξ♣♤ᛝᛞ๏฿Ξ , it is expanded to ?¦?????? . These are the contents we see when viewing it in the Visual Studio Debugger. Is this a known issue or perhaps something we’re doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

John Schneiderman
Senior Software Engineer
GOG.com