[Interest] Calling "Open in..." dialog in iOS

Mike Krus mike.krus at kdab.com
Sat Mar 11 17:10:05 CET 2017

Hi

I’m afraid Qt has no support for the various platform sharing APIs.
In this case, you’d need to use the native ObjC code. I’m afraid I’m
not sure how you’d do that with pyqt, but from c++ land it’s pretty easy.
See an example here: https://github.com/mkrus/iOSQtDemo

You’ll need to pass down the screen rect where the share button is (so the
native floating dialog can be positioned correctly). Once in ObjC space,
you’ll need to get hold of the navigation controller and main view to present
to the sharing dialog.

Good luck,

Mike