[Interest] Qt 5.8 openssl QNAM crash (OPENSSL_THREADS?)

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Mon Mar 13 11:30:09 CET 2017

as you know from previous discussions I had trouble compiling openssl on
OSX,
but finally did it and provided a repo with all scripts:
https://github.com/ekke/android-openssl-qt

today sent out a complex Qt 5.8 QQC2 App to customer to test
the app randomly is crashing
happens while new user logs in and some data was downloaded from REST server
GET requests are done with QNAM and I'm firing some requests and wait
until all got a response

logged error:
F libc    : md_rand.c:327: ssleay_rand_add: assertion "md_c[1] ==
md_count[1]" failed
F libc    : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 10989 (QtThread)

searched for the reason and found an old topic:
http://marc.info/?l=openssl-users&m=117861757322237&w=2

seems openssl must be compiled with
OPENSSL_THREADS
to deal with QNAM processing multiple requests async

I have no idea where in
https://github.com/ekke/android-openssl-qt/blob/master/build-all-arch.sh
I should add this option

And I don't know if this will be safe with Qt 5.8

thx for helping

ekke