[Interest] Requesting QObject::bind() method

evilruff at gmail.com evilruff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:36:50 CET 2017

>> This is exactly connect() we already have.
>>
> That's not quite true. First of all, you are not referencing the getter
> in the example above. Then, a ::bind would also initialize the receivers
> value to the current value. Qt::connect does not do that. Also, a ::bind
> suggests that the connection is exclusive at the receiving end and
> setting a new bind will break the old one; a connection explicitly is not.

I think what Thiago means and I would agree with it is that QtCore has all functionality to implement any ::bind variations you may want.  Actually initial post already offered one of the possibility.
I’ve done couple of very similar thing in different projects but tbh they all have some specifics, like you mentioned - singleton for connections etc.

So I think that in general it’s useful but I doubt it should go into QtCore API as its either become too broad or will have too many constrains.

Regards,
Yuri