[Interest] pushing a WIP

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:17:03 CET 2017

I am not new to git but am new to growing out of using git as if it were svn. I have a local work in progress branch (apple--pencil) based on dev, and want to know how to push it to a feature branch on dev. Should I just do

git push origin dev

? Or is there another way to create a remote branch for this feature? Here is git log —oneline —graph:

*   0c034a6 Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/5.9' into dev
|\
| * df40b11 Doc: Ignore QT_SYSINFO_DEPRECATED_X
| * ef26467 Reintroduce a directed QMetaType::typeName array
| * f821863 Build fix for -no-feature-slider
| * 175f33e QMacStyle: update QTabBar style

Thanks!
-P