[Interest] iOS 10 / iPad Mini 2 and Qt - Icon gets scaled to full screen with transparent background when launching app.

bralchenko at ics.com bralchenko at ics.com
Fri Mar 31 17:46:23 CEST 2017

That probably explains the situation. iOS expects to show something while app launches, so there is LaunchScreen.xib that developer can customize. I am not sure what iOS displays when there is no Launch screen. Normally with Qt examples I see white screen with name of the app, there is Launch.xib,  but I can imagine stretched icon easily if there is no LaunchScreen.xib at all.

I would define LaunchScreen.xib, black screen or whatever you need.

Regards,
    Boris Ralchenko.