[Interest] QtIFW Delete additional Files when uninstalling

Oliver Niebuhr googleersatz at oliverniebuhr.de
Tue May 2 11:00:17 CEST 2017

On 02.05.2017 10:19, Tim Jenssen wrote:
> The QtIFW does not run the script part while it is running the
> uninstaller, it just does the undo part of the operations.
>

> For example the execute Operation have a sperator „UNDOEXECUTE“ before
> is what it does while it is running as an Installation and after that
> Special word it is running while uninstallation.
>

> component.addOperation("Execute","echo do nothing","UNDOEXECUTE","cmd /C
>  del …")
>

> At the Moment I do not have a good idea how you can do this optional
> delete files thing, maybe it is a valid feature request for the QtIFW.

Thats good to know. And also kind-a-strange and somehow misleading (for
me anyway) as the following works during uninstallation [Set in the
ControlScript -> TargetDirectoryPageCallback]:

* installer.performOperation("Execute",
["@HomeDir@\\AppData\\Local\\Oliver Niebuhr\\ProcessExplorer\\procexp.exe"])

The SysInternals Process Explorer starts and the Uninstaller waits until
I close it - as it should.

It never occured to me that I should need to add the "UNDOEXECUTE"
Parameter. I will try that. Also I am currently reading the rest of the
QtIFW Issues - and will definitely add more Feature Requests and BR
later this week. That operations like "Delete" can only handle 1 Single
File is nonsense IMHO. But maybe there was a good reason for that
Decision back then. Or some kind of Limitation.

Thanks!
Oliver