[Interest] Qt "Desktop App" for Microsoft Store

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed May 3 12:03:05 CEST 2017

On 2 May 2017 at 08:02, Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Is it correct to say that a Store app cannot be an editor opening
> files in any location permitted,
> writing texts, Save As for the files etc. - complete sand-boxing like at iOS?

It depends on the app type.

Apps built for the Windows runtime (WinRT apps) are heavily sandboxed
and restricted.

Classic 'desktop' apps converted for the store have fewer
restrictions, and behave almost like their desktop counterparts.

The restrictions on converted Win32 apps are outlined in more detail:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-behind-the-scenes

> Is there a way to get permissions to function as a simple editor?

Coincidentally, the app I'm currently trying to submit is a text editor.

My converted app installed and running locally is able to access all
the files that the standard desktop build can.

Cheers,

Ian