[Interest] QWebEngineView + QSurfaceFormat == errors in console

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Fri May 5 01:07:12 CEST 2017

Thanks Thiago.

I set it to QSurfaceFormat::CompatibilityProfile and do not get the errors
in the "minimal" example or my application (just that "GVA info:" output).

However now if I open a Qt3D window in my application before the
QWebEngineView, it crashes when I show the QWebEngineView:

Fatal: QWebEngine: Default QSurfaceFormat OpenGL profile is not compatible
with the global shared context OpenGL profile. Please make sure you set a
compatible QSurfaceFormat before the QtGui application instance is
created.    (render_widget_host_view_qt_delegate_widget.cpp:148,
QtWebEngineCore::RenderWidgetHostViewQtDelegateWidget::RenderWidgetHostViewQtDelegateWidget(QtWebEngineCore::RenderWidgetHostViewQtDelegateClient
*, QWidget *))

(Setting the default QSurfaceFormat is the very first thing I do in main.)

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>