[Interest] Qt App & Web Push Notifications

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Sat May 6 14:33:07 CEST 2017

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I think you are having a wrong interpretation of the REST API capabilities.

OneSignal's server API can be used to:

- Programmatically deliver notifications from your server or device to another device.
- Add, update, and fetch data for your users without using our mobile or web SDKs.
- Export User or Notification data from OneSignal.

What I want to do is to register Qt App as a device, in this case, a web client, to receive a push on it.

I’m not very familiar with QWebEngine or similar classes usage. That’s why I was asking.

For instance, I don’t know how to make a QWebEngine load external javascript like the one needed in this config steps:

https://documentation.onesignal.com/v3.0/docs/web-push-sdk-setup-http <https://documentation.onesignal.com/v3.0/docs/web-push-sdk-setup-http>

Also, it seems that the java script lib from OneSignal takes care of the communication with the browser, so I don’t know how to pick the push notification that arrive to the client.

What do you think?

Regards,

Nuno