[Interest] SIMD accelerated wrappers for relevant Qt container classes (QVector, ...) or QByteArray?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 9 22:20:04 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> QString is already SIMD accelearated and has been since Qt 4.5.

I'm perverse but not to the point that I'd consider using QString for math
operations :)

> If you want any inline operations to become SIMD accelerated, compile your
> code with -O3.

That'd only be as good as the compiler's auto-vectorisation, which rarely has a
significant impact on anything but the simpler operations.
Also, to get SIMD support and auto-vectorisation you need the correct -march CPU
flag, no?

R.