[Interest] Qt 5.8 performance regression in android application

Лагнер, Сергей developer at lagner.ru
Thu May 11 09:45:03 CEST 2017

Hello all.

We are going to upgrade Qt from 5.6 to 5.8 for our android application.
I've got the build with Qt 5.8 and it much slower.

First of all I mean animations.
We use Qml StackView and we animate transitions between pages.
With 5.6 this animations are smooth, but with 5.8 they are laggy.
It freezes 3 or 4 times each transition.

One more example, we have a photo gallery page. All photos come from the
internet.
Once transition to the page is done, Qt 5.6 already has a number of photos
to show.
5.8 only shows first picture after a while.

I know that my problem is not concrete enough, but maybe you know smth that
was changed between 5.6 and 5.8 that is very important to check or modify
to get better performance.

We use QtQuickCompiler if it's matter.