[Interest] Qt drag 'n drop indicator

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Sat May 13 17:40:42 CEST 2017

I don't think that's 100% true, when I drag the same file over other applications (non-Qt if that matters) that support drag and drop, the icon changes to the attached mouse pointer with a little selection rectangle and '+' sign. I'm not sure what mechanism is controlling that though, but it appears to have something to do with the application targeted for drop.

Dragging the file, which is just a text file, over Notepad gives me the attached mouse pointer icon. Dragging it over my application, Chrome, Qt Creator, etc. gives the "document copy" icon I attached in my first email.

Maybe it's just something I can't control from Qt, but other applications are able to do it? I'm going to take a look at QCursor and see if I can just change out the cursor icon once I've determined I can accept the drop...

Sean