[Interest] black screen with iOS app over airplay?

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Sat May 13 18:56:08 CEST 2017

Hmm. This did not work for me and I am starting to realize that there are more problems in the Qt code than we may be aware.

One problem, and maybe the main problem, is that Qt seems to incorrectly rely on the OS view that is created when the app is created, but this view doesn’t persist when airplay is engaged or when it is disengaged. I think any of us could see this problem when you disable airplay mirroring while running a Qt app and the app crashes.

This problem also appears to prevent Reflector 2 from showing the mirrored view of the iPad app when running the Qt app, which I can only interpret to mean that the Qt view is not complying with the OS’s standardized view API. Reflector works fine when another app or launchpad (desktop) is shown.

So there is some work to do here…I wish I was better with UIKit to troubleshoot.