[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 68, Issue 13

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Thu May 18 00:06:33 CEST 2017

Andr,

I tried that. I have Qt from the repo installed and I built a few of my
own projects from the command line without issue. Tried to follow these
instructions but they just didn't work.

https://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_Creator_from_Git

Technically these instructions never worked.

mkdir qt-creator-build
cd qt-creator-build
qmake -r ../qt-creator/qtcreator.pro

The path for qmake is incorrect but has been that way on this wiki since
day one. Anyway it spits this up:

  Reading /home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/src/app/app.pro [/home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/qt-creator-build/src/app]

  Reading /home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/src/plugins/plugins.pro [/home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/qt-creator-build/src/plugins]

Project WARNING: Qt Widget Designer plugin has been disabled since the Qt Designer module is not available.

Project WARNING: QmlDesigner plugin has been disabled since the Qt Quick module is not available.

Project WARNING: Set LLVM_INSTALL_DIR to build the Clang Code Model.  For details, see doc/src/editors/creator-clang-codemodel.qdoc.

   Reading /home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/src/plugins/autotest/autotest.pro [/home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/qt-creator-build/src/plugins/autotest]

   Reading /home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/src/plugins/clangstaticanalyzer/clangstaticanalyzer.pro [/home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/qt-creator-build/src/plugins/clangstaticanalyzer]

   Reading /home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/src/plugins/coreplugin/coreplugin.pro [/home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/qt-creator-build/src/plugins/coreplugin]

   Reading /home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/src/plugins/texteditor/texteditor.pro [/home/roland/QtCreator-build/qt-creator/qt-creator-build/src/plugins/texteditor]

Project MESSAGE: This project is using private headers and will therefore be tied to this specific Qt module build version.

Project MESSAGE: Running this project against other versions of the Qt modules may crash at any arbitrary point.

Project MESSAGE: This is not a bug, but a result of using Qt internals. You have been warned!

Did not find desi listed anywhere in this repo:

http://code.qt.io/cgit/

I certainly don't want to mix & match on this machine having some things
installed from the repo and some not. QtCreator is kind of stand alone
and I could park it off somewhere safe, but a full build from source of
a slightly different (or same) version installed along side a repo
supplied version...been burned by that before.

So, that's the long answer to your short question.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com