[Interest] Qt Installer: Could not download archive, protocol "" is unknown

Thomas Sevaldrud thomas at silentwings.no
Thu May 18 12:14:38 CEST 2017

Hi,

I've seen a lot of download errors when installing Qt using the online
installer on different machines the past few weeks. I've seen it in both
Windows and Linux. The error message is

 Could not download archive: <some url> Protocol "" is unknown"

If I press "Retry" it usually goes through, but stops on another archive.
This seemed to happened for most of the files it downloaded so I had to
retry a lot before it finished.

I've seen this on different networks, so I don't think it's a local problem.

Anyone else had this?

- Thomas