[Interest] Qt iOS and App Extensions

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Sun May 21 06:20:20 CEST 2017

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt> wrote:
> HI,
>
> I’m trying to develop an app extension for my Qt iOS app but I don’t know what kind of target it is.
>
> I always try to use Qt Creator to handle my Qt based projects. In case of iOS projects I try to use only Xcode to deployment and debug.
>
> Is an app extension a framework or a executable?
>
> As anyone tried this before?
>
> I want to know how to configure the app extension on Qt Creator .pro
>
> Regards,
>
> Nuno

Hi Nuno,
When doing it recently, it appears that there's a unpublished memory
limit of up to 30 MB imposed by Apple that an extension is allowed.

Initially, I was planning to use Swift interface with QtCore classes in my
core logic connected by an Objective-C Bridge.

However, due to the memory limitations, I've migrated from Qt to
some C-written hash maps, etc containers with less pointers and less
consumption of memory.

Take care.

Kind regards,
Robert