[Interest] Camera support for QtWebEngine

Daniel Mack daniel at zonque.org
Wed May 24 19:53:51 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm running QtWebKit 5.8 on Linux on aarch64 - the binaries are built
with Yocto/OpenEmbedded, using the meta-qt5 layer.

Out-of-the-box, access to V4L2 camera devices isn't supported, and I
wonder where to start looking. The same application works fine on
x86-64, so it's really a platform-specific issue.

Are there any configuration parameters I need to be aware of when
cross-compiling the sources? Does QtWebkit use QtMultimedia for such
purposes by default? Because running a simple QCamera based application
reports "Camera error "The camera service is missing" via the
QCamera::Error signal. I'm not very familiar with the internals of Qt,
so I can't make sense of that.

Thanks for any pointer,
Daniel