[Interest] HiDPI issues under Windows 10

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Wed May 31 15:40:56 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I just purchased a 4K monitor and plugged it on a Windows 10 system in
order to test my Qt Desktop application with high DPI displays. The system
scaling is set to 200%.

I have set the Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling as explained in the doc, and the
app display gets scaled. However, I have encountered the following issues :

1) The window title bar is not scaled and appears super small. I have not
implemented any custom title bar painting, and my window is a regular
QMainWindow. The title bar is displayed natively with the OS theme (Aero
with Windows 7, Metro with Windows 10). But : it is super small with my
app, and only with my app. Other software have a properly sized title bar.

2) The icons are pixellated, despite the fact that resource pixmaps are
256x256. I'm talking about icons from the UIs made with Qt designer, such
as regular QActions dropped into QMainWindow toolbars.

3) The native file selection dialog displayed with QFileDialog is super
small (this may be related to 1) : it seems that when Qt uses some native
painting, it is not scaled)

I'm using Qt 5.6.2

Do you have any idea?

Thanks!