[Interest] Future of Qt3d

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Tue Nov 7 12:57:28 CET 2017

Hi Christian,

KDAB is a valuable contributor to the Qt project. The biggest one, if not counting The Qt Company. According to Qt project statistics, KDAB’s contributions are about 15% or all commits to Qt: http://www.macieira.org/~thiago/qt-stats/current/qt-all.employer.relative.png

We all of course hope to have KDAB back contributing, but there is no need to be worried about the future of Qt. Everything continues just as before. Also Qt 3D continues to be a fully supported module of Qt.

Yours,

	Tuukka

On 02/11/2017, 23.22, "Interest on behalf of Christian Gagneraud" <interest-bounces+tuukka.turunen=qt.io at qt-project.org on behalf of chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

    On 3/11/2017 5:39 AM, Pierre Chicoine wrote:
    > Does anyone know the future of Qt3d? After Sean posted his problem with
    > management of Qt, we've heard nothing.

    It's not just Qt3d, KDAB is a big contributor and there are many other
    contributors involved.
    It would be really nice to have a quick status about this issue.
    I do think that the lack of transparency is not good for Qt's own
    reputation (The Qt Project and the Qt Company).

    Chris